Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fall Family Fun


Autumn is my favorite season.  There’s just something about the cool, crisp air, the smell of leaves and the sound of them crunching beneath your feet, and the beautiful, colourful foliage.  Usually the most exciting thing I get to do in the fall is go for walks and look at the trees.  This year, I got to do something really fun though.

This past Saturday, I went with my brother (Jamie), sister-in-law (Amanda), and two nephews (Noah, 8, and Logan, 8 months) to a local orchard for a day of family fun.  We always have so much fun together, and we had a blast that day.

We originally intended to do the corn maze, but opted to do the hayride instead.  While we were waiting, we took a bunch of pictures of each other and the kids, saw the animals and talked with some of the other people there.  It was a perfect fall day - the sun was shining, the temperature was perfect, it was great. 

Noah

Logan


The hayride was so much fun.  Our first stop was to pick apples - Noah got up on the ladder and picked apples for each of us before my brother took the baby up to ‘pick’ an apple.

Noah picking our apples

Jamie and Logan picking an apple

Our next stop was the pumpkin patch to pick pumpkins.  I’d never picked pumpkins before, and I loved it!  We picked 5 pumpkins, 4 for them (they want one to represent each of them for the display they’re doing at their house), and Noah chose a pumpkin for us to carve.  It’s been a tradition for Noah and I to carve a pumpkin together every year since he was a year and a half old.

We had such a great day, none of us wanted to go home.  We’re big on tradition and I think this will be a new family tradition - except next year, we all want Nana (my mum) to come.  I’m so blessed to have such a wonderful, beautiful family who are my best friends.

Noah and me


Me and Logan

 
Noah and Logan


Me and Jamie

Amanda and me

Me with my two babies 

 
Me, Jamie and Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Ramblings of a Daydreamer! I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...