Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Welcome to my blog! A bit about me....

Welcome to my little corner of the net!  I don't know if anyone will read this or be interested, but I wanted a place I could ramble, share my thoughts, ideas, adventures, pictures, etc.  If anyone's actually reading this, I hope I don't bore you to tears!  Feel free to leave comments, but please, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I'm the worst one for starting blogs and abandoning them.  I'll write a little intro, maybe a blog or two, then think 'no one's interested in this, why am I wasting my time?' But even if no one's interested, it's still a place for me, so I'm giving it another shot.

So, a bit about me: my name is Marie, I'm 26 and I live in Ontario, Canada.  I'm a freelance writer; up until now, I've been published mainly in the erotica genre, but I'm trying to branch out into other types of stories, as well as articles.  My ultimate goal is to be a successful published novelist.  I've written three novels so far - two when I was in my late teens/early twenties, and the other was a collaboration with my ex while we were together.  The first one I wrote was just for me, sort of to see if I could do it.  The second one, I think has actual potential if I went back and fleshed it out and did a lot of fixing and editing.  The one I wrote with my ex is buried under the rubble of our relationship.  I'm currently working on two new novels, but they're taking a bit of a back burner while I pursue freelance writing.  I'd love to spend more time on the novels, but in the short-term, I need the money too much to dedicate a lot of time to something that might not make me money for years.  So, we'll see.  I'm young, and hopefully have my whole life to pursue my dreams of writing, but for now, at least I'm getting my name and other writing out there while freelancing.

I'm currently single; I just got out of a seriously toxic relationship in June.  After a little over four years, all we were doing was making each other miserable, and because of some pretty major trust issues, I finally ended things.  I've been a lot happier since, and I'm learning to live my life again instead of putting it on hold, waiting for someone to fully commit to me.

Other than writing, I love to read, listen to music (U2 is my favorite band), take pictures of anything and everything, cook, travel, and spend time with the people I love.  My immediate family are my favorite people in the world and the ones I spend the most time with - my mum, my Grama, my brother, sister-in-law and two nephews (Noah who's 8, and Logan who's 8 months).  I am very blessed to have these wonderful people in my life. 

I love to laugh and be silly but I'm also pretty moody (I think most artists, whatever their art, are a bit moody...and crazy and temperamental and kind of out there).  After a lot of struggles in life, I'm learning to be happy, enjoy life and not take anything for granted - or take life too seriously.

Things you can expect to read about on my blog: my writing, my family, my journey to lose weight and get healthy, my hopes and dreams, and my adventures (or more accurately, misadventures).  I might throw in some recipes here and there, maybe a book or movie review, and possibly a few snippets of my writing.  If anyone's reading this, I hope you'll stick with me, and I hope you'll enjoy what you read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Ramblings of a Daydreamer! I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...