Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Family time, trying to get ready for Christmas, a HubNugget nomination and more Squidoo

Once again, I'm behind on my blog.  I've been going crazy between work, trying to get ready for Christmas and about a million other things.  It's that time of year, I guess!

On December 11th, Jamie, Amanda, Noah and Logan came over for dinner.  Part of our Christmas gift from them was them treating us to Swiss Chalet, which we ordered in and ate here at home.  We had the Festive Special (one of the things I look forward to most at Christmas), and spent some quality time together.  AND, Logan said his first word!  We have this little white ceramic tree that plugs in and these little red birds on it light up and of course, he was drawn to it and we kept telling him no, then finally Amanda said, 'no, don't touch, it's hot.  Hot." And he said, "hot!" then kept mouthing it and sort of breathing the word.  It was so cute and we were all there to hear it!

Then that Thursday (the 16th) was my birthday.  We had a fairly quiet day, then that afternoon, we met Jamie, Amanda and the kids and we all came here.  Amanda and I made sausages and home fries for dinner and they surprised me with a Dairy Queen ice cream cake.  We made gingerbread houses - the girls had a Disney Princess castle and the boys had a gingerbread house with the house, Santa's sleigh, reindeer and a candy Santa.  It was so much fun, I don't think I'd ever made a gingerbread house before.  Suleena came as we were finishing up the houses and we all had cake and I got presents (a Harry Potter cookbook from J, A and the kids, and a penguin snowglobe and umbrella from Suleena).  I'm so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends.

 Me and Amanda

 
Amanda's and my princess castle gingerbread house

 Suleena, me and Amanda

Mum and me 

It's funny, this was the first year in awhile that I haven't had a freak-out over turning another year older.  And what makes it even funnier is that so many people have said that 27 is so close to 30, and how it feels weird getting older, etc, etc, but I was totally fine with it.  I freaked out more when I turned 25 lol.  I think it's because I'm happier than I have been in a really long time and I'm more secure with myself and I have the feeling that great things are coming for me this year, so I was looking forward to 27 instead of dreading it.  It feels good to have come this far and be where I am, and I know it's just going to get better.

Other than that, I've just been working.  My article 'Tis the Season - Reflecting on My Family's Christmas Traditions was nominated for a HubNugget on HubPages which is super exciting.  I've also written a few more articles for Squidoo

Gift Ideas for the Harry Potter Fan in Your Life - a gift guide for Harry Potter fans of any age, or if you're the Harry Potter fan, there's some great ideas to expand your collection.

Scene It? Deluxe Friends Edition DVD Game This one was part of a challenge to review and spotlight a product, so I picked my favorite game.

Romantic and Thoughtful Gift Ideas for Women - Going Beyond Flowers and Chocolates  This was another challenge, creating a Valentine's Day lens...I didn't want to limit it to just Valentine's Day, so I did gifts for women in general so it applies all year round.  I can't believe Valentine's Day is less than two months away and I'm sure that in another week, after Christmas is done, the stores will be putting out the Valentine's Day stuff.

Tonight, we have Noah over to spend the night.  We played some games and read a couple of books and now he's in bed.  Tomorrow we'll have him most of the day and then take him home and TRY to finish our shopping.  I really don't want to have to go out Thursday, I can only imagine how crazy the stores will be.  I hope everyone's having a good week and that you're all better prepared for Christmas than I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...