Sunday, December 26, 2010

HubNugget Award and Christmas

In my last entry, I mentioned how I'd been nominated for a HubNugget on Hubpages for my article 'Tis the Season - Reflecting on My Family's Christmas Traditions - well I won!  It's so exciting to have been chosen based on votes, especially after only being at HubPages for 5 weeks.  It feels like validation of sorts to get that recognition and see that all my hard work is paying off in unexpected ways .  I also had a comment on Squidoo on my knitting lens the other day by a member who's been there for almost three years, and he told me that it was one of the top lenses he had come across - wow!  What a compliment.  Simple things make me so happy lol.

We had our Christmas on the 24th.  We went to visit my Grama in the morning (we'd love to spend Christmas day with her but the buses don't run, so we have no way to get there), then had Jamie, Amanda, Noah and Logan over for dinner and presents.  It was a lot of fun - Logan's first Christmas, so exciting and he's just so damn cute, as is Noah of course.  It was great and I'm so lucky to have such an amazing family.

 
Grama and me

 
Me and mum 

 
Me, Logan, Mum and Noah 

 
Jamie, Logan, me and Noah 

 
Me and Amanda

Christmas day was very quiet.  I have to be perfectly honest, I really don't like Christmas day - we're alone, everyone seems to forget about us (except Suleena, thank you Sully!) and it's just sort of like any other day of the year.  BUT, this year wasn't as bad as other years because a) I made up my mind it wouldn't be, and b) it was so nice to just relax and do whatever we wanted to do.  I've been working pretty much 7 days a week the last month or two and I'm exhausted mentally and physically, so Christmas day, we stayed in our jammies all day and just did whatever we wanted - watched TV, read, ate great food, talked - it was wonderful.  I think we both needed that, just to unwind and have time for ourselves where we weren't running around doing stuff.  Today's been pretty much the same, with a little bit of work thrown in for me, and tomorrow's back to the regular stuff, but after enjoying the last two days of relaxation so much, I'm going to make more time to relax from now on.

 I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...