Saturday, December 11, 2010

New articles on HubPages & Squidoo and a knitting challenge

This week has been insanely busy.  I feel like I've been working night and day, with a few breaks here and there to eat (which I have to be reminded to do lol), watch a bit of TV and spend a few minutes reading something other than articles.

This week's highlights include 3 new articles, one on HubPages and 2 on Squidoo.  The HubMob topic of the week this week was rights - human rights, civil rights and animal rights.  It took me awhile to decide what to write about.  My first thought was Martin Luther King Jr, because he's such an inspiration and will be for all time (and he was someone I wrote about often in high school), but I figured a lot of other people would probably write about King.  Then I decided to just write about rights in general and add in a bit about my brother having trouble finding employment because he's deaf, and how everyone should have the right to seek employment.  If you're interested in reading my article, it's called Basic Human Rights - Don't Take Them For Granted.

My two lenses (what pages on Squidoo are called, I can't remember if I mentioned that in my last blog) this week were about my favorite character leaving All My Children (Saying Goodbye to All My Children's Zach Slater), and an idea I had while thinking of what an inspiration my grama is (Do You Knit or Crochet? Why Not Do it For a Good Cause?).  My 99-year-old grama knits mittens every year for the Firefighter's Mitten Tree and has knit 72 pair this year.  They also take scarves, hats and other knitted items and donate them to families around town.  It gave me the idea to start knitting scarves for next year's pick up and I've 'pledged' to knit 12 scarves.  Then I thought, there are probably thousands of people out there who can knit and crochet, why not try to recruit some to join me in this challenge?  So, that's the main idea of the article.  If you knit or crochet and would be interested in learning more about my challenge and what you can do, please read the article and leave me a message.  If you have warm clothes this winter, you're luckier than a lot of people.


Some of my grama's beautiful mittens

I am absolutely loving Squidoo so far.  When I joined, I had a friend suggest that when I get the hang of it, I should write about Squidoo ON Squidoo.  Well, I love it so much already that I'm going to do just that later this week - thanks for the suggestion, Angel!

I hope everyone's had a great week.  I'm no further ahead on my Christmas shopping or other preparations, but I did get the tree up this week at least!  And I feel good about all the other things I got accomplished.

2 comments:

  1. Those mittens are beautiful. I have tried to crochet a few times. I'd like to finally learn one day.

    I'm glad you're enjoying Squidoo. I'll check out your lens on it later this week. You may convince me to give it a try too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to show off her mittens, the quality is absolutely unbelievable. She works so hard on them!

    I really hope I can convince you to join. So far, I like it the best out of all the sites I've joined. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...