Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Squidoo, My Weekend & Christmas Shopping

Well, I'm slowly getting back on track.  I'm spending a lot of time at my computer researching and writing.  I've joined yet another writing site, Squidoo - because apparently 5 others weren't enough? lol  Jeeeeeze.  I'm still new enough to writing online that I'm trying to figure out the best places to write, the places I like the best and feel most comfortable, and the places that will make me the most money.

My first 'lens' (what articles/stories/pages on Squidoo are called) was my experience cooking a turkey for the first time.  We decided to do a trial run before Christmas and I had a lot of trouble finding helpful information online, so I thought other people inevitably have the same problem and might find my story useful.  Hopefully that's the case anyway!  If you're interested, the article is Turkey for Beginners: Cooking a Turkey Dinner for the First Time.  Even if you've cooked turkey dozens of times, you might find some new ideas, so check it out!  If you read it and enjoy it, I'd love for you to 'like' it, post it to Facebook, Twitter, favorite it, comment on it, anything - it's greatly appreciated!

Speaking of writing, I'd like to take a second to talk about a fellow writer friend, Shay, who's launching a site for writers soon.  She's written about it on her blog, which you can check out here.  She's been a big help to me, supporting me and giving me advice, and she's a great writer (I particularly enjoy her travel stories, so while you're there, be sure to check out the links to her articles).  I know her site will be a great success and I'm excited for her and want to help her advertise.

On a more personal note, we had Noah over Saturday night for a sleepover.  We watched Christmas movies (Home Alone, Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, and The Santa Clause 2), decorated Christmas cookies and played games.  He's such a great kid; so funny and smart and sweet, I just love him to bits.  When he walked in, I said "hi muffin!" and he said "hi muffin!" and I said "how's my boy?" and he replied with "good, how's my girl?" LOL  8 years old!  I love that kid, and we had so much fun.  We had put most of our Christmas decorations up the week before, but we hadn't (and still haven't) gotten around to putting up our tree.  It's such a pain, I always end up getting scratched to hell while fighting it into place and it takes forever for the branches to settle enough to decorate it.  We were sort of playing with the idea of not even putting it up, but we decided we'd ask Noah his opinion and if he thought we should put it up, we would.  He thought about it for a few minutes (all serious -  arms crossed, hand to chin, eyes narrowed in concentration) before telling us he thought we should put it up, otherwise where would Santa put our presents?  HA!  How could we argue with that?  So that's one more thing on my ever-growing to-do list for this week.

Sunday morning - look at the hair!  He cracks me up lol

On the plus side, we're nearly done our Christmas shopping.  I thought it would take forever, but we made a trip to WalMart Saturday before Noah came and again Sunday after he left (we take the bus and we ran out of time Saturday, hence going back Sunday...plus the driver I have a crush on drives on the weekend, haha).  We're pretty much done shopping for the boys and just have a few other things to get.  YAY!  I want to get it over with so I can stay away from the stores the week (or two) before Christmas.

I hope everyone's having a great week!  Time for me to get back to work!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun weekend. Hope the tree goes up smoothly for you this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol thanks Angel! I actually got it up this afternoon and I think this is the first year I ended up with no scratches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...