Thursday, January 27, 2011

More HubPages and Squidoo updates

The HubPages Money Grows on Hubs contest is coming to a close in another few days, and I think I've just about exhausted my personal finance knowledge.  I wrote a total of 13 articles on personal finance and won one award.  I've received a lot of really positive feedback, which makes me very happy.  My final 4 articles on personal finance (unless I come up with another idea in the next 4 days) are:

Save Money With Procter and Gamble Coupons

Top 3 Reasons to Use Cash Instead of Bank Cards or Credit Cards

Ways to Save Money Around the House and Cut Your Monthly Expenses

6 Simple Ways to Save Money in Your Daily Life

It's funny, when I first heard the topic for this contest, I thought 'oh great, what do I know about personal finance?' but then when I really thought about it, I realized I know a lot.  We've been struggling financially for awhile now and we've learned to live on a very strict budget with few extras.  I've learned dozens of ways to save money, make money stretch and make due with what we have.  I enjoyed sharing my tips on frugal living and saving money and I'm glad to know that I helped some people along the way.

I decided to do a bit of self-promotion on Squidoo for all my personal finance hubs, so I created a lens with all the links to my hubs on the topic and how I've gotten to be so good at saving money.  It's called Ways to Save Money, Cut Costs and Live on a Budget.  I figured having all the links in one place, plus some of my own personal experiences might be helpful to people.

I also posted another new Squidoo lens yesterday about one of my favorite authors - Cecelia Ahern - Writer of Magical Fiction.  I adore her books; I love anything that's laced with fantasy and magic and her novels are like fairytales for adults.  I can't wait for her next book later this year!




Other than work, not much has been going on.  Everyone around here is sick, so we haven't been doing too much or going out much.  I can't believe it's almost the end of January...I also can't believe that in a little over a week, Logan will be a year old!  The year has gone by SO fast, it's crazy.  We're having a big party for Logan on February 5th, the day after his birthday, but I'll talk about that more later.  For now, it's back to work I go!

2 comments:

  1. You are creating quite an article base. Good idea to make directories to them all! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...