Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Logan the Johnson's baby? And my newest articles

First, I have to do a little plug for this and beg people to vote.  Amanda submitted Logan in the Johnson's Baby Canada photo contest.  The baby that wins is featured on the new website and/or Facebook page and gets a gift basket of Johnson's products.  We've all said from the very beginning that he was cute enough to be in commercials/ads/magazines, etc.  He has the most beautiful multi-coloured eyes and the sweetest smile and the best disposition I've ever seen in a baby.  I'd love for him to win this and I'd be so grateful to anyone who votes.  I'm not sure when the contest is over but apparently you can go back and vote every day until it's over.  Please vote for Logan

As for work, I've actually been really productive this week.  I've done 5 pieces so far, 2 for Squidoo, 1 for HubPages and 2 for Suite101.  I have 11 more articles to go to reach my February goal  but I'm feeling confident.  I'm really happy that I've managed to get 2 articles done for Suite101 because I'd like to concentrate more there and get to my goal of 50 sometime soon - only 40 more to go!  *Eep*

I decided to write about the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards on Monday after watching it Sunday night.  I watch it every year and haven't been overly impressed the past couple of years (except, of course, when U2 is on), but I actually really enjoyed it this year.  My favorite performances were Muse, Rihanna and Drake (which I wrote about in my 2nd Squidoo lens of the week), and Arcade Fire.

My HubPages article for the week was part of the HubMob weekly topic.  I hadn't written anything there since the Money Grows on Hubs contest ended at the end of last month but when I saw that the topic was cancer, I decided I would contribute.  I had received a comment on my knitting for a good cause lens at Squidoo from a girl who knit chemo caps and lapghans for cancer patients and since my dad died of cancer, it really touched me.  I decided to combine those two things, and I was pleased with the results and the feedback as well.  I'm back to knitting, I just finished another scarf last night and I'm going to try to learn to follow a pattern so I can branch out a bit.  My HubPages article is called Knitting for Cancer Patients: Bringing Tangible Comfort to People With Cancer.

My two articles at Suite101 are 6 Mistakes People Make When Trying to Get Healthy and Lose Weight and Ways For Stay-at-Home Moms to Get Active With Their Kids.  In my weight loss journey, I've made every one of these mistakes myself at some point, and I've seen countless people make them, so I thought it would be a good topic.  As for the stay-at-home mom one, after working with kids for a number of years, and having 2 nephews, I've learned how to work in exercise wherever possible, and most of those ways were by actually playing with the kids.  It's amazing the number of stay-at-home moms I know who do hardly anything with their kids - or hardly anything at all - and are overweight and can't understand why.  Hopefully this article will give some moms ideas for ways to burn calories and have fun with their kids in the process.

That's about it for this time.  I can't believe it's already more than halfway through February.  The weather is getting warmer and I've had the windows open for a bit the past two days which is nice.  Here's hoping that Spring makes an early appearance this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...