Sunday, February 13, 2011

Slow start to February and my 3 newest Squidoo lenses

Well, February has been interesting so far.  It's been kind of chaotic and I feel like I'm not getting much done work-wise or fitness-wise.  But I've been having fun, so I guess that's important too, right?  All work and no play, yadda yadda lol.

I've published 3 new lenses on Squidoo since my last blog.  I love that Squidoo allows people to write about anything they want and have fun with their writing and get creative.  The only drawback is that those 'fun' topics are the ones that are starting to come most easily to me but I don't want to be known as someone who writes fluff, I want to be taken seriously and be seen as an actual writer and not just a blogger, someone doing it for fun.  Writing is my lifelong dream, it's all I've ever wanted to do and writing online is a foot in the door for me, a beginning of what I hope will be a long and successful career in the writing business.  We all have to start somewhere, right?  

Two of my three new lenses are about U2, my favorite band.  The first one is just sort of my story about why I'm a fan and what I love about them.  The other is a review of sorts from my first time seeing them live (5 years ago lol).  I figured their music is something I'm passionate about so why not write about it?


147 days until I get to see U2 again!  I'm so excited, I've been waiting so long.  


My other new lens is about another favorite topic of mine, Harry Potter.  This one's dedicated to my 8-year-old nephew Noah. :-)
What to Buy an 8-Year-Old Harry Potter Fan

In other Squidoo news, my knitting for a good cause lens is currently at #10 in Nonprofits, and #784 on the entire site.  I nearly choked this morning when I signed in and saw that.  That's the highest any of my lenses has ever ranked and I am beyond thrilled.  My Grama is currently on her 9th pair of mittens for the year - if she keeps up at this pace, she'll beat her record for the year!  I'm anxious to find out how many she'll do by the end of the year and how many little hands will be warm next winter because of her.

I'm hoping to get back on track this week.  I'm going to go through my mile-long list of writing topics and see what takes my interest.  I have a few topics in mind that are research-based and I'm thinking I'll work on them to avoid what I mentioned earlier - people thinking I only write fluff.  Here's hoping this week is a productive one!

2 comments:

  1. :) You're still good and fast at your ideas and writting them.. I even have a hard time keeping up :P lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I know you do! But I appreciate you reading them and having your support. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...