Friday, March 18, 2011

New HubPages articles, writing a novel, and a new blog dedicated to knitting

After having a really slow start to the month writing-wise, I had an extremely productive day yesterday - I wrote three articles for HubPages and...ready?...I started writing my 4th novel!  I'm really excited.  I got a little over 1,300 words written in about two hours late last night (and that was with countless distractions), and I feel good about the step I've taken on the path of being a fiction writer.

The style of writing is completely new for me and pretty far out of my comfort zone.  I had quite a bit of trouble with those 1,300+ words, and I'm not really sure where they're going to lead, but it's a start.  As I was writing, I kept thinking of the other ideas I have for stories and novels and thinking maybe I should work on those instead, but I think right now I need to push myself to write this.  Maybe I need to step outside my comfort zone to get where I want to go.  We'll see.  I'm going to get back to work on it later today and see how much I can get done.

My new articles are:



I absolutely love this book.  I got it for my birthday and just recently had time to start trying recipes.  The only thing I've tried so far is the pumpkin bread, which was delicious.  In my review, I talk about the book, the ease of the recipes, and as I try each recipe, I'll be updating the review with my thoughts.



 
After opening the can of pumpkin purée for the pumpkin bread, I needed something else to make with it, so I came up with this recipe for pumpkin pancakes - they were amazing!




This movie, co-starring Daniel Radcliffe (best known for his iconic role of Harry Potter) was one I found at the library and decided it looked interesting.






After the Google rerank issues and many people saying that they were going to go the route of niche blogs, I spent some time thinking about how I could do the same.  The first (and really only) thing that came to mind was a knitting blog.  Articles, patterns, links, ideas, pictures, knitting book reviews, basically anything and everything to do with knitting.  I'm really just starting it, I have a few posts up so far, but I haven't done any advertising for it yet because I wanted to get a good start on it.  I think it's got a good enough start now for people who are interested to have a look.  So if you're interested, it's SweetMarie's Knitting Basket.  I'll be adding more soon hopefully, and I hope that people enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...