Friday, March 11, 2011

Writing updates for March so far

I can't believe it's already the 11th of March and this is my first update for the month.  Things have been so chaotic and stressful I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster.

I haven't been doing as much writing as I'd like to, between being busy and having too much on my mind to concentrate properly.  Since my last update, I've done 7 new articles between Squidoo and HubPages:

If you didn't watch the awards, you didn't really miss much.  If you're interested in finding out the winners and presenters, I've given a run-down with a few opinions thrown in.  I was so happy that Colin Firth won best actor, he's a genius and definitely deserved it.

The Ladybug Foundation - How a Young Girl is Educating the Masses About Homelessness
Information about 15-year-old Hannah Taylor and her Ladybug Foundation to help the homeless.  A really inspiring and humbling young lady who can teach us all a thing or two about kindness and generosity.

Irish Blessings, Sayings and Toasts
A collection of Irish blessings, sayings and toasts broken down into categories like Funny Irish Blessings, Irish Wedding Toasts, Irish Drinking Toasts, etc.  I've always loved Irish blessings and toasts, they're beautiful and funny and clever - I've collected them for years, and this page took me forever to put together, and I'm quite proud of it. :-)

My Favorite Irish Musicians
Information about and songs from my 6 favorite Irish musicians, U2, The Corrs, Gavin Friday, The Cranberries, Sinéad O'Connor, and Enya.












 













The topic for last week's HubPages weekly HubMob was Mother's Day, so I decided to write about the memory of the last Mother's Day my dad was alive and the special gifts we got for my mum.

Book Review: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
An excellent young adult science fiction book recommended to me by my cousin (thanks Bertha!).  I can't wait for the second and third books in the trilogy, I'm on a waiting list at the library.

  












Three Days in Paris
10 years ago now, I was in France on a school trip with my best friend Suleena.  I decided to write about the three days we spent in Paris - where we went, what we did, and a few stories.

This week, Amanda started school again, so we had Logan all day Monday, all evening and overnight Tuesday and then all day Wednesday.  It was our first time having him overnight and I was nervous, but he was perfect - he slept all night, I couldn't believe it!  I know I've said it before, but I really can't say it enough - he is the best baby ever.  Out of three days here, he didn't cry once.  Not once.  He is the happiest little soul, just goes with the flow, always smiling and laughing, and he has the longest attention span I've ever seen on a baby.  I hope I'm lucky enough to have kids of my own that are like him

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...