Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My article about the Royal Wedding, and some weight loss goals

Today I posted my first article on HubPages in about a month.  I had high hopes for last month's contest, but ended up being so busy with the A to Z Challenge and working on my novel - plus just life in general - that I only got a few articles written.  This month isn't really looking any better, yesterday morning was the first time I've gotten any writing done since last Wednesday because I've hardly been home.  Today's article (a week and a half after the actual event - better late than never, right?) is about the Royal Wedding.  I took a real interest in the wedding because William and Kate are just a bit older than I am, and I love that even though Will is going to be King someday, he's so down to earth, easy going and just normal, and so is Kate.  A month or two ago, I wrote an article about how they're helping to modernize the monarchy, and today's article was My First Royal Wedding: Prince William and Kate Middleton.  If you watched the Royal Wedding, I'd love to hear your thoughts.  Only a couple of my friends took an interest, and I enjoyed tweeting with all the other royal watchers the day of the wedding, but would love to hear more comments from people!


Besides being behind on my writing, and being so busy that I feel like I'm on a merry-go-round, the other big thing on my mind lately is weight loss.  I've been trying since early last year to lose weight - I lost 35 pounds, gained some back over the summer, then have gone up and down ever since.  I'm finally at the point where I'm tired of making excuses - and tired of hearing them from so many people around me - and I'm ready to get back on track.  Summer's coming and I want to be able to buy new clothes, feel good, look good and enjoy doing things outside and being active.  I've set a 9-week goal because I'm going to see U2 in concert 9 weeks from yesterday and we're going to make it a weekend thing in the city and I want to buy some new clothes and not feel self-conscious and gross like I do right now.  So, I'm off to go for a walk before settling in to hopefully work on my novel.  I have some changes I'm going to make to my blog that I hope to get done too, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Just remember, it's all about persistence. Like with your writing, you have to set your mind to weight loss. Plus, who doesn't want to look a little sexy for Bono?
    Ava

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm a new follower! :)

    I absolutely loved watching the Royal wedding. I woke up at the crack of dawn and watched tons of coverage on it hehe :). What did you think of Kate's dress?

    Looking forward to connecting with you!

    Rebecca

    www.readingwithrebecca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, a new follower and fellow Royal Wedding enthusiast! lol Kate's dress was gorgeous - not at all what I pictured or expected but it suited her so perfectly - classy, elegant, simple and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...