Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It was created because of their love of lists and books, and since I love those things too, I thought it'd be a fun meme to participate in!
Top Ten Sequels I'm Dying To Read
I don’t know if second books in a series count as a sequel? To me, a sequel is a follow-up book, and then there’s no more. Am I right? Well anyway, this year I’ve started a ton of series and have only read book one, so I’m going to count series!
1. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White. I literally just finished reading this book and now I can’t wait for Supernaturally! I'll have my review of Paranormalcy up later this week.
2. Darklight by Lesley Livingston, the second in the Wondrous Strange series. I absolutely loved Wondrous Strange – it’s one of the best faerie books I’ve read.
3. Speaking of the best faerie books I’ve read, my next choice is The Iron Daughter, second in The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. I LOVED The Iron King.
4. Ok, so maybe this list should have just been faerie series, because at least half of them are - lol. Bloodfever, second in the MacKayla Lane series by Karen Marie Moning. I didn’t love Darkfever, but I’ve heard the series gets better, so I’m anxious to see if people are right…plus, in case you haven't guessed, I love anything to do with faeries, so…
5. Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr, second in the Wicked Lovely series. I read Wicked Lovely back in April and just realized last week that I never posted my review for it. Not sure how that happened, but I’ll try to get it posted soon.
6. Spells, the second in the Laurel series by Aprilynne Pike. I really enjoyed the first book, Wings.
7. An actual sequel: Something Blue by Emily Giffin, the sequel to Something Borrowed. Having had a friend who was very much like Darcy in Something Borrowed, the book really hit home with me and I’m curious to see what happens with the characters.
8. Yet another faerie book for the list: Valiant, second in The Modern Tales of Faerie series by Holly Black. The first book, Tithe, was really dark and disturbing, very different from other faerie books, and I really enjoyed it.
9. Betrayal, second in the Immortal series by Gillian Shields. Immortal was a really good book, very different.
10. Oh, another actual sequel! Best Foot Forward, sequel to Rules of the Road by Joan Bauer. I just read Rules of the Road last month and it was excellent.
So, that's it! Sorry I've been MIA the past few days, had a lot going on, but I should be posting regularly again the rest of the week. I hope everyone in North America had a great long weekend, and for those of you going back to school this week, I wish you lots of success this year!
What are some sequels you can't wait to read?