Because I wasn't crazy enough signing up for almost a dozen year-long challenges, I thought I'd sign up for a month-long challenge to kick off January. The Harper Imprint Challenge is being hosted by Chelsey at Starry Sky Books and will run from January 1st-31st 2012.
This is pretty much a challenge to read as many books from the HarperCollins imprints that publish YA books: Harper Teen, Greenwillow, Katherine Tegen Books, and Balzer + Bray.
- Open to anyone, whether you blog or not
- Books started before January 1 do not count - and we're going on the honor system with this!
- Audio books and ebooks do count of course
- Your books can be crossovers with other challenges
- Sign-ups will stay open through January 7
- Choose a challenge level and make an intro post with a link back to this post!
- Easy: 1-4 books
- Medium: 5-8 books
- Hard: 9-12 books
- January 1: Event starts! Review link-up for the first week posted.
- January 4: First 24 hour Harper book giveaway!
- January 8: Review link-up for the second week goes up.
- January 11: Second 24 hour Harper book giveaway.
- January 15: Harper Imprint Challenge Readathon! Starts at 9am Pacific time and lasts for 24 hours; Review link-up for the third week
- January 18: Third 24 hour Harper book giveaway.
- January 22: Review Link-up for the last week, including the 29th through the 31st
- January 25: Last 24 hour Harper book giveaway!
- January 31: - Last day of the challenge!
On February 1 there will be one final giveaway for those who participated and do a wrap up post of your accomplishments!
I'm just going to commit to the Easy level - 1-4 books. My own novel is releasing in January, so it's going to be a crazy month, but when I saw this challenge I couldn't pass it up! Now I just need to make a list of Harper books so I can be prepared.