The New Author Challenge is hosted by Literary Escapism. This is challenge #7 for me for 2012.
The idea behind this challenge is to find new authors that you’ve never tried before, not necessarily ones that are debuting. They can be in your genre of choice or you can be brave and try something new. You never know what you’re going to like until you try it.
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2012 through December 31, 2012.
- Since this is an author challenge, there is no restriction on choosing your novels. They can definitely be from other challenges. However, the authors must be new to you and, preferably from novels. Anthologies are a great way to try someone new, but only a third of your new authors can be from anthologies.
- I want this to be an easy challenge, so you can pick to do either 15, 25 or 50 new authors. It all depends on how fast you read and how adventurous you want to be. For me, I want to say I’m going to do another 50 new authors, but with two kids, I didn’t made my goal in 2011, so I’m going to be smarter and say 25. If you reach your goal halfway through the year, don’t stop. Any new author you try can be added to Mr. Linky. We all want to know about your new experience.
- After reading your new author, write your review and then come back here and add your link to Mr. Linky. Make sure you include your name and the author, but adding the title is completely up to you.
- Bloggers or Non-Bloggers alike are welcome. You don’t have to have a site to participate. You can link up via Facebook, GoodReads or even Amazon if you’d like.
Once you reach your goal, you don’t have to stop. Any new author you try, go ahead and head back here and add it to the list. Introduce us all to whoever you find. Afterall, there’s no reason to stop trying new authors, right?
As of right now, I'm going to commit to 15 new authors in 2012. Since I'm also participating in the Debut Author Challenge, this shouldn't be too hard, plus I'm always trying something new. This should be fun!
**Adding a little shameless self-promotion here: In 2012, I'll be a new author. My debut YA novel, Blue Sky Days, will be out in January 2012. You can read more about it on GoodReads, or at my official author site Marie Landry, Author. I hope some of you will consider reading it as part of the challenge. :-)**