The Classics Reading Challenge 2012 is hosted by another of my favorite bloggers, Jessica from Thoughts at One in the Morning. I have tons of classics on my shelves that my mum and Grama bought me, and I've only read a couple of them, so this is the perfect push I need to get more of them read!
Here's the details:
1. This challenge starts January 1st 2012 and ends December 31st 2012.
2. All books read for this challenge can be counted toward all other reading challenges.
3. All books chosen for this challenge must be books you have NEVER read or NEVER finished that were written prior to 1980.
4. Choose a level or number of books you would like to read.
5. Create a sign up post for your blog including the Classics Reading Challenge picture above and the books you would like to read (you can change your mind at any time).
As of right now, I'm committing to Level Two: 4-6 classics. I'm hoping to read more, but because I'm participating in more than a dozen other challenges, I'm not going to aim too high! lol
Some of the books I hope to read (and that I already own):
1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
2. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
3. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
4. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
5. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
6. The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas