Saturday, January 7, 2012

The 2012 “Books That Made Me Love Reading” Challenge

My good pal Emlyn Chand, author of the YA paranormal book Farsighted is hosting a really fun reading challenge for 2012. It's called The Books That Made Me Love Reading Challenge, and the idea is to basically take a trip down memory lane and re-read some of the books that made us love reading in the first place, then talk about them and our feelings toward them now, as adults. How cool is that? 


I've always loved reading. For me, it all started with the Berenstein Bear books. I also loved Clifford, Little Critter, and any Robert Munsch book, but especially Millicent and the Wind and The Paper Bag Princess. As I got older, I was addicted to the Baby-Sitter's Club and Sweet Valley High series. Other favorites that made me a true lover of books: Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery, On Fortune's Wheel by Cynthia Voigt, Zel by Donna Jo Napoli, Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt, and Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen. These were defining books for me in a journey as a book addict, and they've stuck with me all these years.

If you'd like to participate in this challenge, visit Emlyn's site and sign up. Besides the fact that we get to revisit our childhoods, there are also great prizes available for participants!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the challenge. You have a great list there. Some of ours overlap, but yours is also really different from mine. I plan on re-reading Harold and the Purple Crayon, Little House on the Prairie, Chronicles of Narnia, Babysitter's Club, Sweet Valley Twins, Bunnicula, A Walk to Remember and some classics thrown in for fun like Lolita. This is going to be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great challenge! Those are some great books. I loved Bernstein Bears, too. My favorite was "Inside, Outside, Upside Down." Have fun with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great challenge. YOu have some great books on that list. I loved Bernstein Bears, too. "Inside, Outside, Upside Down," was a favorite, to be sure. Have fun with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, enter me in the list, I wanna read 100 books in 2012 <3
    All i need is, if you have any books (especially paperbacks, and you dont need them) send them to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Ramblings of a Daydreamer! I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...