Friday, March 9, 2012

Review Copy Cleanup Challenge: Cuddle up with a book

Review Copy Cleanup is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits & Tea, and Celine from Nyx Book Reviews.

I have several favorite reading places, and today I'm going to 'show' you two of them. I do the majority of my reading in my living room on the couch, where it's most comfortable and the light is best...but the living room is currently a mess after having my 2-year-old nephew here for the past 4 days, and I'm enjoying having a day to be lazy, so...you'll just have to use your imaginations lol. 

My other favorite place is my bed. It's not necessarily the most comfortable place to read, and the light isn't great, but it's quiet and private, and I almost always sit in bed and read before going to sleep.

A bit of explanation: if you've ever been here to Ramblings of a Daydreamer before, or know me at all, you'll know that I love U2, and that's just one of the many posters in my room. I'm sure most people would laugh at me if they saw my room because it looks like a teenage girl's, but it's my little haven, and the eclectic mix of stuff reflects my personality. You may also notice the glow in the dark stars all over my wall, along with the blue sparkly star, which I have scattered all over my room. The other poster is of Stonehenge, somewhere I've always wanted to go. The picture was taken during some huge celestial event that only happens once every several hundred years (can't remember the exact details, and again, too lazy to go check), and a friend brought me that poster when she visited England; she also brought me a little flower/weed from inside the ropes of Stonehenge, because she knows how fascinated I've always been by the ancient stones. We're weird and random like that lol. On the other side of my bed is an old entertainment stand that I use for books, movies, knick knacks, my Anne of Green Gables collection, and my U2 collection/shrine (CDs, DVDs, books, etc). Oh, and the penguin! Almost forgot about her; I collect penguins, and Muffin is the one who lives in my bed. See her little red scarf? I knitted that. Yes, I'm special.

My other favorite place to read is the library. This picture was taken last spring. I haven't been to the library in a while, because I've become a hermit while writing my second novel. When my mum goes to the library to get books for herself, she gets any holds that happen to be waiting for me. I really miss the library though, so I'm thinking of making a trip this weekend to sit in my favorite chair, pictured below. It's at the  back of the library in a corner between two floor-to-ceiling windows. The chair's not exactly comfortable, but I love sitting there with all that sunlight pouring in, and I get to people watch, too.


The other place I read - although I've actually come to loathe doing it, so I probably shouldn't even include it here but I'm going to anyway - is my computer. I don't have an e-reader, so I have to read all ebooks on my computer. It's become a giant pain in the ass because I sit at the computer to work most of the day, so the last thing I want to do is read a book on the computer. That's actually part of why I signed up for this challenge, so I could get a bunch of review ebooks read, then take a break from them. I also use my laptop to read in the living rooms sometimes, which isn't as bad as actually sitting here at my computer to read. I don't have a picture of my desk because it's an absolute disaster zone, and I'd be mortified for anyone to see it. Sometimes I wonder how I ever get anything accomplished with the distraction of precarious piles of papers and books on my desk!

Where's your favorite reading place?








10 comments:

  1. I love your bedroom! :o I used to have those stars on my wall too but they fell off :( And that penguin is just too cute - it looks a bit like Hugsy in F.R.I.E.N.D.S!

    And you have a library too! *jealous* If I lived there I'd probably spend 99% of my days in the library, next to the windows, reading :)

    My favourite place to read

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live about 40 miles away from Stonehenge, though it's not that exciting to visit any more as you can't get anywhere near the stones unless you're there for the solstice ceremonies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing all of your favourite places Marie!

    I'll confess a little secret... I knitted a scarf for one of my stuffed animals too. And made a little jacket for one of my bears. But don't tell anyone!

    One of my friends has the exact same poster, haha. It looks great (: I wish to visit Stonehenge too sometime.

    Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love that chair! It looks super comfy and sitting there by the window looks real cozy. Love it!

    If you want to see my favorite reading spot, it can be found here!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bed looks really comfy and I love Muffin, such a cute scarf too. :)

    That IS a library? Mind-blowing. I WANT that seat in the library too. Are my library folks listening?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penguins are so cute. My son is obsessed with them and has tons of stuffed ones.

    I love reading while cureled up in the sunshine. Although it does sometimes turn into nap time. LOL

    I tagged you for a new blogger meme Book Tagged.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeez, your library has very nice chairs! I read a lot on my computer, but I get easily distracted by the internet! Here's my spot:
    Megan Likes Books - Cuddle Up With a Book

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to go to Stonehenge too!! and I love your local library...mine doesn't have any cool reading spots like that!

    My Reading Spots!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the chair by the window..so much natural light to read by..yum. The penguin on your bed is adorable..I have a llama :0

    ReplyDelete
  10. I live a few hours away from Stonehenge but have yet to visit it! But you can't walk amongst the stones sadly! I love your little penguin I have a big penguin teddy on my bed.

    I also started to read review copies on my laptop and started to hate it because I spend most of time on it and really didn't want to hae to read on it too...so I gave up and bought a kindle! best idea ever!

    I'm a bit late posting my favourite place to read so check it out if you want: http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.com/2012/03/review-copy-challenge-2-cuddle-up-with.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Ramblings of a Daydreamer! I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...