It was after the A to Z Challenge last year that I decided to turn Ramblings of a Daydreamer into a book blog. Before the challenge, I had no idea there were so many people out there who shared my passion for amazing books and authors. Book blogging has brought me more pleasure than I can even express...but I'm going to try!
8 Reasons I Love Being a Book Blogger
1. I get to talk about books and writing, my two favorite things.
2. I get to meet incredible people who share my interests.
3. Hardly any of my ‘real life’ friends read, so I have no one else to talk books with. Blogging has opened up a world of hundreds of people who share my obsession.
4. I usually stick to talk of books and writing, but when I want to talk about random things, like my family or a trip I took or something fun I did, I love that people still care. It’s not all about the books.
5. I get to participate in blog tours and help other authors promote their work.
6. For the first time in my life, I feel like my opinion really matters. It makes me feel so good when someone reads a review I wrote and tells me they’re now going to read the book because of my recommendation.
7. Challenges. This year, I signed up for over a dozen reading challenges - overall numbers of books, different genres of books, etc. I love a challenge, and it’s helping to keep me on track with my reading. Plus, of course, the A to Z Challenge, which is going to keep me blogging regularly!
8. Events. Blog hops, weekly memes, blog tours, giveaways, themed discussions, birthday and anniversary celebrations, etc. There’s always a ton of great events going on in the blogosphere where you have the opportunity to meet fellow book bloggers, share the love, and usually have a chance to win great prizes, which is a bonus!
Those are just some of the many reasons I love being a book blogger. I feel so blessed to have met so many incredible people, and to have had a chance to read a bunch of books I might not have normally read.
What are some of the things you love most about blogging?