Saturday, April 21, 2012

2012 A to Z Blogging Challenge: Spring

 
Spring is my favorite season. Living in Canada, we can get some nasty winters, so I always love when the snow melts, the grass starts to grow and turn green, the trees start to bud, and the days get longer and warmer. 
 
Yesterday was a perfect spring day. My sister-in-law and I took my mum out for her birthday (which is actually today - happy birthday mum!), and the weather was amazing. When we got home, I sat in the living room and watched four little butterflies play tag outside the window. We had all our windows open until late last night, when it started to rain and there was about two minutes of thunder and lightning. 
 
My favorite thing about spring is all the changes - all the regrowth and rebirth - watching everything come back to life after being dead or hidden for months. For years, my big sign of spring has been robins hopping on the lawn. I don't know where that came from, but I always get excited when I see robins hopping along. For my mum, it's the sound of the high school football team beginning practice in the field across the street - they started last week, and I couldn't believe my eyes. Other favorite sounds and signs of spring are the clink of a bat hitting a baseball from the diamond past the football field, and the rubberband sound of frogs in the marsh beyond the football field and baseball diamond.
 
It just feels like a time to start over, make positive changes, and brush off the last of the sleepy haze of winter.
 
What's your favorite season? What are your favorite things about spring?


 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Well, here in good old Saskatoon, we had +19 temps in March and now we are back to very cool and dreary days. I'm still waiting for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lived in different countries and different parts of the US - and Spring is definitely my favorite. It is the crisp mornings but warm afternoons, the birds chirping and tweeting, and everything is 'waking' up! I have only liked through a few 'harsh' winters, and Spring definitely makes you happy to see growth and change! Maybe that is way I like it so much... I love change, believe it or not! Enjoy the changes :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Marie! My favorite season is summer, but I do like spring too. I love when the trees reveal a few bright green buds one morning and the next meaning it's practically in full bloom already. I love the sounds of baseball and birds singing in the morning. I especially love the warmth and sunshine after a bitter cold, dark winter.

    Happy spring and happy A to Z!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a Fall girl, maybe cuz I'm born then, maybe cuz I just adore apple pie and they seem to be everywhere then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you. Spring is my favorite season. There's so much beauty blossoming from the trees, the bushes, ground plants and vines. So much color that it makes me wish I knew how to paint. I'd carry paints and a canvas with me everywhere to pour the colors of nature into a still moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for spring - even though the April weather here in Southern Ontario has been pretty crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited for spring to get into full gear. We've been having a bit of a cold snap here lately.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Ramblings of a Daydreamer! I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...