Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The "Make Up Your Own Challenge" Reading Challenge


Some of you may remember that last year I signed up for something like 15 reading challenges. Yes, I’m insane, I’m not even going to deny it. I’m pretty sure I completed a fair number of them, but since it was such a crazy year, I didn’t really keep track, and there’s no way that with just a few days left of the year I’m going to go through all of them and see how I did…I’d rather spend that time reading, writing, and blogging! This year I’ve signed up for just a few challenges - the 2013 Bingo Reading Challenge, the 2013 Finishing the Series Challenge, and the 2013 Classics Reading Challenge. Pretty good, huh? Plus I'll be doing the GoodReads Challenge again this year - it'll be my third year!


Then one of my bloggy BFFs, Jessica from Thoughts at One in the Morning, came up with the “Make Up Your Own Reading Challenge”...

Check out Jessica's post HERE
...and I decided to do this too because I have some personal reading goals and I want to put them out there to A) remind myself, and B) be held accountable for my goals. And I’m going to keep better track this year!

So here are some of my reading goals for 2013 (and luckily some of these fall into the challenges I’ve already signed up for):

*Read at least 101 books altogether
*Read 2-4 classics
*Read at least 3 of the Vampire Academy series
*Read at least 3 of the Morganville Vampires series
*Re-read the first three Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants books and read the last two
*Read at least 5 of the books I won in 2011-12
*Read at least 10 of the books I bought in 2012
*Read at least 5 adult books
*Read at least 2 non-fiction books
*Read at least 3 new adult books
*Read at least 3 historical fiction books
*Read at least 2 books that are being made into/have been made into a movie
*Read books by at least 5 different Canadian authors
*Read at least 12 ebooks

Like I said I'm going to keep better track this year. It'll be easier since there are fewer challenges, and I created a 'list making' blog a year or so ago, so I think I'll utilize that to keep track and then just copy and paste it over here when I do updates.


What are some of your reading goals for 2013? Have you signed up for any challenges? If you're hosting a challenge, feel free to link up in the comments so we can check it out!


4 comments:

  1. Good luck :) With all your goals in the new year.

    I still haven`t quite decided on which challenges to join. But probably an ebook challenge and maybe the series challenge :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I too signed up for more challenges than I actually should have last year. My 2013 goals post will go up on the 31st. I decided to set my own goals this year and I have signed up for a few challenges, but not many.

    Things got hectic the last few months of this year and I am not sure I'm going to make my Goodreads goal of 100 books. I'm so close though. ;)

    Looking forward to seeing the books you get to in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nice thing about your goals is that some of them will overlap enough that it really isn't as daunting as it may appear on paper. Er, on the screen, lol. But YES! So glad you're on board with me. We can cheer each other on in our little goals for 2013. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I LIKE Jess's idea! I may have to do something like this myself! So far I'm only doing two challenges, but there's SO much I hope to accomplish in 2013 with my books and the blog.

    Good luck, Marie! And PS. You SO won't regret reading the VA novels!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...