Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: New-to-me authors in 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
 
 
Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013
 
1. Susanna Kearsley {The Winter Sea & The Firebird}
I heard of Susanna Kearsley last year and thought her books sounded interesting, but I didn’t really have time to read any. When Simon & Schuster Canada sent me a copy of The Firebird - a companion novel to The Winter Sea - for review, I decided I should read The Winter Sea. I’m so glad I did. It rekindled my love of historic fiction, and I’ve read a bunch of historic books, both YA and adult, since.

CJ’s Summer series is amazing. The Boys of Summer was one of my favourite books of 2013, and I’m so excited that That One Summer comes out this week!

The Demon Lover was the first book I read in 2013, and I was so glad all three books came out this year so I could read them close together. This is one of my favourite paranormal trilogies.

4. Gayle Forman {Just One Day & Just One Year}
What can I say? Paris. Romance. Life-changing situations. Beautiful writing. I need to read Gayle’s other books, pronto.

5. Tamara Ireland Stone {Time Between Us & Time After Time}
Wibbly wobbly timey wimey with a lovely romance. I can’t wait to see what Tamara comes up with next. 

6. Lisa Becker {Click & Double Click}
These books are written in email form between a group of friends, and they’re so funny. I didn’t realize until recently that there’s going to be a third book, and I’m so excited!

7. RJ Anderson {Ultraviolet & Quicksilver}
ALIENS. Set in Canada, written by a Canadian. These books are a total mindfuck in the best way. 

8. Leila Howland {Nantucket Blue}
Leila’s debut, Nantucket Blue, was one of my favourite books of the year

9. Jennifer Banash {White Lines}
The 80s. New York City. Clubs. This book was written for me.

I’d heard a lot of great things about the Night Huntress series and finally read the first book during a read-a-thon earlier this year. I didn’t love it but decided to give the series a fair chance and I’m so glad I did because I ended up falling in love with it. I’m eager to continue on with the series next year!
 
Have you read any of these authors? Who are some of your favourite new-to-you authors of 2013?

4 comments:

  1. I've got Nantucket Blue to read and I'm very excited to start it having heard lots of good things. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gayle Forman is one of my all time favourite authors, so I'm glad to see that you were able to discover her gorgeous work this year. I also adored RJ Anderson's books too! Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your list! I really enjoyed Nantucket Blue, and Gayle Forman is a long-time favorite. I'm hoping to read Time Between Us and Ultraviolet next year, and Click sounds so good. Thank you for sharing!

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, you have some fantastic authors here in your little stash. It totally warms my heart to pieces. *g* I am excited to know that you've added Gayle Forman and Tamara Ireland Stone to your list. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Ramblings of a Daydreamer! I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...