Fantastic Friday is a new feature here on Ramblings of a Daydreamer. Each Friday I'll showcase fantastic things from the past week - could be things I've done, places I've gone, a new song I like, a movie I've seen, books I've read, blog posts from around the blogosphere - anything at all!
- On Monday I posted my first ever product review! It was really exciting to be contacted by a company and asked to review something, especially considering that something was a gorgeous canvas with a picture of my nephews. Be sure to check out my 5-star review, plus find out how to get 35% off your purchase at CanvasPop before April 30th, AND enter to win a free 16x20 canvas of your own.
- As of Tuesday, I'm into single digit weeks for my Europe trip - 9 WEEKS, 9 WEEKS, 9 WEEKS (2 months as of yesterday, the 16th)! I can't believe how fast the time is going. I should be getting all my travel documents in the next 6 weeks or so, which I know will make it seem really real.
- We had beautiful spring weather this week. On Tuesday, my mum, sister-in-law, niece, and I went down by the bay. The last time we went, there was still a ton of snow and the bay was frozen (here's a picture of me from that day, with the snowbanks half as tall as I am and the frozen bay). We played at the park for a bit, had a picnic lunch, and walked around. We saw a mama swan sitting on her nest, which was pretty cool. I can't wait to see her out with the babies in another few weeks.
- I watched the MTV Movie Awards this week. I feel so out of the loop because I haven't seen a single one of those movies, even though there are a lot I want to see. I was super happy to see Robert Downey Jr. win the Generation Award. I've loved him since I was a teenager, and I get all giggly and fangirly whenever I see him. Plus his speech...brilliant. "Dream big, work hard, keep your nose clean, be of service, and yes, because you can, define your generation." Love him!
- Speaking of Robert Downey Jr., I loved seeing the Avengers at the awards with Robert, and then on Jimmy Kimmel. I missed it when it was on, but luckily The Mary Sue posted highlight videos. They look like they have so much fun together and really love each other.
- I loved Pink's response to haters about her weight gain. What is wrong with people, seriously? She looks fantastic and healthy and happy. Does it really matter if she's gained a bit of weight? Similarly, I love how Amy Shumer (who I'd never heard of until the MTV Movie Awards, and who I thought did a meh job of hosting, but looked great) shut down some misogynistic asshat about her size and how she wouldn't be believable as a leading lady in a romantic comedy. Um, really? Because she's a size 6 (!) and I'm...well, a whole lot of sizes bigger than that, and I want to see curvy girls on the big screen. I want to see a man go wild over a beautiful girl with curves, because we rarely see that on TV or in movies. That's a big part of the reason the Bridget Jones movies are among my favourites - I want to believe a man as smart and charming and good-looking as Mark Darcy could fall in love with me - curves, insecurities, flaws, and all.