Fantastic Friday is a new feature here on Ramblings of a Daydreamer. Each Friday I'll showcase fantastic things from the past week - could be things I've done, places I've gone, a new song I like, a movie I've seen, books I've read, blog posts from around the blogosphere - anything at all!
- I hit 60,000 words in my current WIP, Something in the Air! I've been writing this book on and off for almost two years now and there are times when I feel like I'll never finish, but after hitting that milestone, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
- Tuesday was my mum's birthday. One of our favourite restaurants does a promo for a free meal on your birthday, so Mum, my sister-in-law, and I went for a girls' lunch. The restaurant is right by the bay, and we usually sit outside, but it was too cold, so the waitress took us to the back where we had a great view of the water from two sides. Mum ordered escargot for us to share (before you get grossed out, yes, they're snails, but no, it's not a big deal, at least not to me. My dad was French, so I grew up eating them and they're delicious) and we all got the restaurant's specialty, fish and chips. YUM. We usually have my almost-2-year-old niece with us, which makes meals out loud, chaotic, and rushed, so it was nice to relax, talk, laugh, and take our time. We had a great time. That night, my brother, sister-in-law, nephews, and niece came for dinner and cake (the birthday girl is so special, she got two cakes). It was a great day, and my mum felt really special and loved, which she is!
- Weekly Europe Countdown: 8 more weeks! Time is going so fast, it's unreal. I had a bunch of banking to do this week and the Euro was down a bit, so I got a bit of cash for the trip. The British pound is still a bit higher than I'd like (well, a lot higher, at $1.90), so I'm going to continue to keep an eye on it and hope it goes down even a few more cents before I get some pounds.
- I finally joined Pottermore and got sorted, and I'm in Ravenclaw! I guess I always thought I'd be Gryffindor, but really only because Harry, Ron, and Hermione were. Ravenclaw actually makes more sense since they're known for being clever and quirky, which is accurate for me. I wanted to know before I go to London, because when you visit Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross, you can wear a scarf to have your picture taken, plus there's a gift shop and I'd like to buy something with my house emblem, so now I know! I told my friend Krista (who I'm going to Europe with) to join and get sorted and she was Ravenclaw too, which didn't surprise either of us since we're pretty much brain twins.
- I saw my first spring flowers this week! Last week was gorgeous - sunny and warm - but this week has been cold and windy, and it even snowed a bit yesterday. *gag* Spring is taking her sweet time coming, so when I saw these lovely, sunny daffodils I squealed and got unreasonably excited. I'm so ready for buds and blossoms and blooms.
So that's my fantastic week. What did you find fantastic this week? Tell me in the comments below, chat with me on Twitter, or feel free to link me to blog posts, articles, pictures, songs, videos, or whatever you thought was fantastic that you want to share! Don't forget to enter to win a personalized 16x20" canvas from CanvasPop! I love my canvas, and I'm excited to share the love to one other lucky person.