Saturday, December 26, 2015

2016 Reading Challenges

I wasn't going to sign up for any 2016 reading challenges, but I saw these three and couldn't resist. Contemporary romance is my go-to, plus I've been promising  myself for ages I'd read more backlist books, and I read as many LGBTQIA books as I can anyway, so these challenges shouldn't be too hard!

I'm also setting a few personal challenges for myself. 

If you're interested, you can keep track of my progress on my 2016 Reading Challenges page.


The 2016 Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge is hosted by Jess at Gone With the Words and Danielle at Love First Page. The challenge runs from January 1st, 2016 - December 31st, 2016, and you can read any contemporary romance. I'm signing up for Home Run level, which is 16-20 books. 



The Backlist Books Reading Challenge is hosted by Bekka and Alexia at Pretty Deadly Reviews. It runs from January 1st, 2016 - December 31st, 2016. There are no levels, but I'm going to aim to read at least 10 backlist books. 


The LGBTQIA Reading Challenge is another one hosted by Pretty Deadly Reviews. I'm committing to orange level: 6 - 12 books. 


Personal challenges:
  • Read at least 80 books
  • FINALLY read Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
  • FINALLY read The Princess Bride by William Goldman
  • Read at least 5 historic fiction books
  • Read at least 5 fantasy or science fiction books
  • Read at least 3 paranormal books
  • Read at least 2 books by authors I loved pre-blogging
  • Read at least 10 books that have been sitting on my shelves for a year or more

So, those are the challenges I'm participating in next year, plus some personal challenges/goals. Are you doing any reading challenges in 2016? Have any personal goals? How did you do with your goals/challenges in 2015?
http://sweetmarie-83.blogspot.ca/p/about-me.html
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4690637

2 comments:

  1. I can't handle challenges. I get overwhelmed and reading becomes work. I do love your personal goal to read The Princess Bride. It's a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm joining the contemporary and backlist challenge also. I like that you included personal challenges also. I think I'm going to do some personal challenges as part of a top ten tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Ramblings of a Daydreamer! I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...