Thursday, December 31, 2015

December 2015 in Pictures

I've done a crappy job of keeping up with monthly recaps on the blog this year, but since a lot happened in December, I thought I'd do a final one for the year. I'm thinking I'll make recaps a regular thing in 2016 - a combination of books read, real life stuff, pictures, and maybe what I'm watching, listening to, etc. What do you guys think?

Anyway, without further ado, here's what my December was like!

~FAMILY REUNION~
When my brother was 21, he had a son named Kurtis. I was only 11 and I loved that baby so much. He was like my own living doll, and being an aunt was the greatest thing ever. We were part of his life for the first five or so years, and then...we weren't. It's a long, complicated story, and I don't really want to go into it for several reasons, but the whole situation was heartbreaking for my family. But...long story short...Kurtis reunited with our family this month. And? He has a year-and-a-half old daughter! I'm a great aunt! My brother is a grandpa! My young nieces and nephews and aunts and uncles! My mum is a great-grandma! It's all incredibly surreal and amazing and what I've hoped and dreamed and wished for for the last 15 years. Kurtis has spent a lot of time with his little brothers and sister, and the Littles absolutely adore him and the feeling is mutual. We even got to spend Christmas together, which felt like a miracle.
My youngest niece, Maddy, is 2 and a half and Harper - her niece - is one and a half. I know this happens in a lot of families, but I never thought it'd happen in ours, and it's hilarious to me. Logan (5) loves being an uncle, and so does Noah (13). The first time the Littles met Harper they just kept touching her and hugging her and giving her food and telling her they were her aunt and uncles. It was the sweetest thing.

~MY BIRTHDAY~
My birthday was the 16th. My mum, sister-in-law, and I went to our favourite restaurant for lunch, then to a gourmet bakery so I could pick out a few treats. That night, my mum and I watched Princess Diaries 2, which is our tradition every year on my birthday. We saw the movie in the theatre, then I got the DVD for my 21st birthday, and since the movie starts with Princess Mia's 21st birthday, it's one of those sentimental, symbolic things, and it's a tradition I love...especially when you throw in cake and sparkling wine!
 



~CHRISTMAS EVE~

Our family tradition for Christmas is to spend Christmas Eve together. I cook a huge turkey dinner with all the trimmings, and we eat, watch Christmas movies, then open presents. It was a lot of fun!

~CHRISTMAS DAY~
Christmas day was pretty quiet, as it always is. We're usually alone all day, but my bff came over for a bit between her family stuff, which was nice! Other than that, we read, watched movies, and ate a ton of leftovers.





Mum in the onesie the Littles gave her for Christmas

~PRESENTS!~
 
Doctor Who mug, Belle glass, and Belle mug from my brother, sister-in-law, and the Littles

 
Thor and Castiel were from my mum, and violin Sherlock was from my bff. I got her Mycroft - sometimes we're eerily in sync.





The books were a to-me-from-me present. I did really well with not buying books this year except for cheap ebooks, so I decided to splurge. Maddy Hunter is one of my favourite authors and From Bad to Wurst (book #10 in the Passport to Peril series) came out this month, so I had to get it; I've been wanting Ensnared (the final book in the Splintered trilogy) all year and finally gave in; and I've wanted Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe for ages, so Merry Christmas to me!

~MOVIE NIGHT~

My friend Jess and I have been doing long distance movie nights for awhile now, and we decided to do one more for the year. We chose The Holiday, which is one of my absolute favourite movies ever. 

Stay tuned next year, because we plan to do movie nights and give lots of advance warning so people can join us...and possibly win fun prizes! ;-) 
 


So, that was my December. How was your month? What were some of the highlights? If you celebrate Christmas (or any other holiday), did you have a good one? Let's talk here or on Twitter!
http://sweetmarie-83.blogspot.ca/p/about-me.html
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4690637

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! You know when you read a post and have like 50 things you want to say? Yeah, so hopefully I don't forget something.
    That's awesome about your family. We have family drama going on right now and Christmas just doesn't feel the same.
    I wonder if that sparkling wine is available here. My husband enjoys wine but really likes it when it's sparkling. I can never find him anything good. I'll have to keep my eyes out for this one.
    I totally can't find those candy cane Oreos here. I've looked! So frustrating!
    I totally want your Castiel. He's adorable!
    I need to read the A.G. Howard books. I haven't even started them yet!
    I love The Holiday and I think your movie nights sound fun!
    Ok. I think I said everything I wanted to. Have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Marie! A little too tired to get into how my month went. Over all, good. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...