The Clean Slate Read-a-Thon is hosted by Novel Ink, Lost in Lit and Latte Nights Reviews. The idea is to read books we didn't get to in 2015 so we can have a clean slate for the new year!
Challenge #1 ~ Bookish ResolutionsThe first challenge is hosted by Novel Ink. I shared some of my goals in my Getting Back to Basics post, but I'll expand here.
- Read more 'me' books. I'm already doing well with this one - out of the six books I've read so far this year, half were 'me' books and half were review books. That's pretty good for me, considering the last two years have been almost all review books.
- Read different genres. I have eclectic tastes and will read just about anything, but last year I read mostly contemporary and I miss paranormal, historic, fantasy, sci-fi, etc.
- Read more of the books I already own.
- Visit and comment on more blogs on a regular basis.
- Schedule posts ahead.
- Regularly brainstorm ideas for future posts.
- Create new content. I've already got one new feature - Thoughts and Daydreams - but I'd like to create at least one other unique-to-my-blog feature, plus stuff other than reviews and Wanderlust Wednesday.
Challenge #3 ~ Bookshelf Scavenger HuntThis challenge is hosted by Lost in Lit. The idea is to find books on your shelves with the following:
1. A book with a seasonal cover
2. A book with a one-word title
3. A book with an animal on the cover
4. A book with a long title
5. A book with a couple on the cover
If you want to stay up-to-date on my progress for the read-a-thon, I'm posting on Instagram and Twitter!
Are you participating in the Clean Slate Read-a-Thon? How's the reading going? What are some of your bookish resolutions this year?