Friday, June 3, 2016

Bookstagram Weekly Digest #1

Ever since my Instagram account morphed into a Bookstagram one a few months ago, I've wanted to do a weekly recap feature on the blog, and I decided it was finally time! Every Friday I'll share the pictures I posted on Bookstagram the week before. I've seen a few other people posting weekly recaps, most recently Evie from Bookish Lifestyle, so be sure to check out her feature, too. If you'd like to follow me on Instagram and see my daily bookish pictures, I'm SweetMarie_83

 
#LilBookishMay Day 24: Favourite Book Brother for National Brother's Day
My favourite book brothers are Fred and George Weasley from Harry Potter, George from My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick, Mike from the Every series by Ellie Marney, and Sebastian from The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler. The photographs are of my own big brother and me.
 
#MayBooksBeRead16 Day 25: Book to Movie Adaptation
One of my favourite book-to-movie adaptations is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I loved how it was a bit darker than the others, how the kids were starting to grow up, plus it introduces two of my favourite characters: Sirius Black and Remus Lupin.

#LilBookishMay Day 25: Underrated Book
If Only We by Jessica Sankiewicz

#MayBooksBeRead16 Day 26: Published in 2016
When We Collided by Emery Lord, One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid, and The Girls in the Garden by Lisa Jewell

#LilBookishMay Day 26: Pretty in Pink

#MayBooksBeRead16 Day 27: Book and Hobby
Fangirling is a full-time hobby, y'know!

#LilBookishMay Day 28: Book and Ice Cream
Featuring my best buddy, aka my 6-year-old nephew. I had lychee and blackberry gelato (AH-MAY-ZING), and he had a frozen fruit lolly.

#LilBookishMay Day 29: Sea of Bookmarks

#MayBooksBeRead16 Day 29: Rainbow Stack

#MayBooksBeRead16 Day 30: May Book Haul

BOOKS:
*A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas
*A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
(I had a $10 gift card from Chapters, so I got these two books for $11!)
*Open Road Summer by Emery Lord
*The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler
(These were both $5.99 at Chapters; I've read and loved both, and couldn't pass up that price for hardcovers!)
*Vivian Apple at the End of the Universe by Katie Coyle
*Cursties and Conspiracies by Gail Carriger
(These two were $1.50 and $3 respectively at Dollarama!)

BOOKISH MERCH:
*Read More Books tote and A Book is a Dream That You Hold in Your Hands pouch, both from Evie's Society6 store (and both on sale!)
*Prone to Crushes on Boys in Books pouch from kimberlyfayereads Society6 store (also on sale!)


#MayBooksBeRead16 & #LilBookishMay Day 31: May Wrap-Up
I only managed to read three books in May because life was so chaotic and stressful:
Out on Good Behavior by Dahlia Adler
Girl Against the Universe by Paula Stokes
The Rule Book by Jennifer Blackwood

Part of my June TBR

#JuneFantasyChallenge Day 1: Hogwarts - Show Your House Colours
Proud Ravenclaw right here!

I combined three of my daily challenges into one picture for this one:
#LilBookishJune: Naked Spines
#FullyBookedJune16: Book and Sunglasses
#SammyReadsJune16: Book and Beverage

#JuneFantasyChallenge Day 2: Funko Twin 
Hermione Granger is my Funko Twin because we both love to learn, love to read, and would do anything for our family and friends. We also have the same crazy curly brown hair. ;-)

Every week I'll be featuring a bookstagrammer I love and would recommend to people who love looking at bookish pictures as much as I do!

This week's featured bookstagrammer is is Becca aka lostinlit_becca
Not only are her pictures beautiful, but she's such a sweet person and I love chatting with her. She and her sister-in-law/bff Lisa also run a blog, Lost in Lit, plus they're the hosts of a bookish photo challenge that's currently in its third month (this month's is #LilBookishJune). Be sure to check out Becca's account!


https://www.instagram.com/sweetmarie_83/

http://sweetmarie-83.blogspot.ca/p/about-me.html
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4690637

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...