I read 52 YA books in 2016. Most were contemporary, but there were a few historic, science fiction, fantasy, and mystery thrown in, too. When it came time to make 'best of' lists, I had trouble narrowing it down, which is why I'm doing this the first week of 2017 instead of the last week of 2016, and why I decided to do 16 instead of 10.
These are my 16 favourite Young Adult books I read in 2016, in no particular order:
- A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
- My Lady Jane by Jodi Meadows, Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
- Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch
- The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie
- Girl Against the Universe by Paula Stokes
- Wanderlost by Jen Malone
- Into the Dim by Janet Taylor
- Emmy and Oliver by Robin Benway
- Wild Swans by Jessica Spotswood
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
- Map of Fates by Maggie Hall
- Dreamology by Lucy Keating
- As I Descended by Robin Talley
- The Geek’s Guide to Unrequited Love by Sarvenaz Tash
- If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo
Did you read many Young Adult books in 2016? Do you have any favourites? Have you read any of the books on my list?
Stay tuned tomorrow for a list of my top ten LGBTQ+ books of 2016, and then on Friday I'll be sharing my favourite New Adult and Adult books of 2016!