Friday, March 3, 2017

Monthly Recap: February 2017



Happy March, lovelies! I hope 2017 is treating you all well so far. Did you have a good February? Mine was pretty good, although kinda chaotic. I'm having trouble finding balance this year. It feels like all I do is work, but I have so much to do! I'm working hard to get as  much done as I can and still take some down time for self-care.

Here's what my February looked like:

What I Read: 

  • The Last of August by Brittany Cavallaro (4 stars)
  • Dirty London by Kelley York (3.5 stars)
  • Let it Shine by Alyssa Cole (5 stars)
  • How Not to Fall in Love by Deirdre Riordan Hall (3.5 stars)
  • Love and Shenanigans by Zara Keane (4 stars)

Blog Highlights:
  • I recapped what I read, watched, and did in January 
  • I did a bookish merch spotlight on NerdyGrlDesigns, who makes beautiful bookmarks, magnetic bookmarks, and stickers. I'm one of Melisa's reps on Instagram, and I shared my discount code in the post, so be sure to check it out!

Bookstagram Highlights:
Follow me on Bookstagram

All the Rest:
  • My friend JK and I went to a Harry Potter event at our local Chapters. There was a really fun scavenger hunt, a costume contest, and a 'photo booth', where we took the pictures below. It was great. We also spent an afternoon later in the month hunting for Funko Pops and CDs.
  • I finally finished writing something! It's a Christmas novella, so it won't be coming out for several months, but it had been over a year since I'd finished writing anything. Last year was such a train wreck, I didn't have as much time for writing and my motivation and creativity were lacking. I started and abandoned several projects, and was thrilled when I actually finished this story. It's super cute and sweet and romantic - pure fun fluff. Now that I'm finished that, I'll be going back to the contemporary romance I was working on before Christmas.

  • My youngest nephew turned 7 in February. It feels like he was just born!
  • I'm still obsessed with Supernatural. I've managed to make it to season 4 in my rewatch. It's slow going because I haven't had much time to watch TV, but I'm hoping to get through another season or two in March. I'll get caught up eventually!
  • Another season of Bookish Bingo has come to an end. I managed to get 2 rows completed. I'm participating again for Spring. Head over to Pretty Deadly Reviews if you'd like to participate!


So, that was my month. How was yours? How many books did you read? Do you have a favourite? Do you have a blog post you wish got more attention in February? Feel free to leave a link in the comments. Also, if you did a wrap-up post, be sure to leave that link too so I can visit you!
http://sweetmarie-83.blogspot.ca/p/about-me.html
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4690637

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Ramblings of a Daydreamer! I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...