Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Wanderlust Wednesday: Books Set in Italy


Since June marks the 2-year anniversary of my big UK/European adventure, I'm feeling nostalgic...and I'm also feeling the need to read alllll the books with settings of places I love. 

For the last two weeks and again today I've been recommending books set in each of the countries I visited: England, France, and Italy. I love travelling vicariously through stories when I can't actually travel myself, and I know I'm not the only one, so I hope you'll enjoy these lists!

Last week I shared recommendations for books set in France and the week before it was books set in England. This week it's books set in Italy!



Wish You Were Italian by Kristin Rae ~ For me, this book is right up there with Anna and the French (which, if you know me at all, is incredibly high praise). It's fun, it made me giggle like crazy, it's swoony, and the setting is beautiful. There's this scene where Pippa either comes up from the metro or rounds the corner (I can't remember exactly - it's been three years since I read it) and sees the Colosseum for the first time and is completely awestruck. When I came up out of the metro and saw the Colosseum for the first time, I thought of her and had my own holy-shit-I-can't-believe-I'm-here moment. 

Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch ~ Another giggle-and-swoon-inducing read. I loved seeing Italy through Lina's eyes. With the addition of Lina's mother's journal entries, you get a story within a story, which I loved.

The Turning Point by Marie Meyer ~ A sweet and steamy romance with a beautiful setting. This is ultimately a story about the power of love

A Place in the Sun by RS Grey ~A beautiful and romantic story set in Vernazza, Italy. I loved this funny, swoony, emotional story.

Racing the Sun by Karina Halle ~ Set in beautiful Capri, with a unique storyline, I really enjoyed this one. The romance had a lot of push and pull, but in the end I rooted for the characters, largely because things weren't easy for them, but they worked hard to stay together.


Venom (Secrets of the Eternal Rose #1) by Fiona Paul ~ If you like historical fiction, this one is set in Renaissance Venice, and is full of intrigue and romance.

The Eternal City by Paula Morris ~ I'll be honest, this isn't my favourite book (it had so much potential!), but one thing it had going for it was the beautiful descriptions of Rome.


What are some of your favourite books set in Italy? Do you have any recommendations for books set in Italy (especially Rome)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Ramblings of a Daydreamer! I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...